The Saanich Police Benevolent Society was founded in 1954 to support its membership during joyous and difficult times. The Society is funded primarily by its members to carry on activities for the benefit of its members. The Society hosts the annual Saanich Police children’s Christmas party and co-hosts the Saanich Police annual retirement party.
The Society also provides the following to its members:
- A gift when a member is married.
- A gift when a member welcomes a baby into their family.
- An honorarium upon a member’s retirement
- A donation or flowers upon the death of a member’s immediate family member.
- A gift when a member is injured at work or is sick.
Click here to see the Benevolent Society Constitution.